Do you have a list of your Best Customers? Those customers who are not only loyal users of your product and service, not only willing to recommend you, but can’t stop talking about you? Your Raving Fans? The kind of customer who leads your Word-of-Mouth marketing, without being asked?
Studies show that, of all the reasons customers stop buying from someone, by far the most common reason is perceived indifference. On average, 68% of customers who leave, do so because they feel that they’re not recognized nor made to feel special. This compares with the second most common reason – issues with your product or price, at 14% and the third most common reason – that they’re sold to by a competitor, at just 9%.
Ironically, getting good customers to stay, return and grow should be far easier and cheaper than finding new ones.
Furthermore, raving fans refer other clients to you and, typically, those other clients can be turned into raving fans too.
So what has to happen in your business to have more raving fans? Here are five simple tips:
- Make sure you knowing exactly who your Raving Fans are;
- Ensure everyone in your business knows who those customers are;
- Deliver services to them in a way that makes them say “WOW!”
- Introduce a loyalty program, a VIP program or an awards program; and
- Implement a systematized way of recognizing your top customers and delivering ‘little extras’ to them.
Do these five things well and enjoy watching your Raving Fans drive your business forward!