Conversion…among the quickest, easiest and most controllable ways to grow your business!
“Conversion” is the percentage of people who know about you and consider buying from you who actually do buy from you. Of everyone who calls you or walks into your shop, how many buy something? Just tracking the answer to that question will get you on your way to increasing it!
Once you know your starting point, then you can start improving it. Here are my favorites of the 80 different conversion strategies:
1. Sales scripts. Have you scripted the most important parts of your sales discussions? The opening? The questioning? The close? Do those scripts employ effective rapport-building and persuasion techniques? Have you tested different scripts to choose the most effective?
2. Sales Process. What is the process through which you lead your prospects? Are there sufficient interactions to build trust? Does your collateral communicate the right messages to the right people at the right time? Are you employing the most effective methodology for delivering proposals?
3. USP. How clear, tangible and differentiated is your proposition? Do your prospects have absolute clarity about how their lives will improve as a result of working with you?
4. Guarantee. Is your USP backed up by an effective guarantee? Risk and the fear of making a mistake are among the most common reasons people don’t buy….how do you overcome this?
5. Testimonials. Are your prospects receiving sufficient evidence of the quality of your products or services, of how many people are using them and just how much they have benefited from them?
Any prospect who fails to buy from you has used up some of your time, effort and money…..the great news is that the frequency of this can usually be reduced quickly, easily and cost-effectively!