Are you frustrated with how many of your leads never turn into customers? That is a quite common stress for small business owners. You’re doing all the marketing activities you planned, and are sticking to your target market, but why isn’t your customer base growing?! Unfortunately, the businesses who experience this challenge more than often ‘wing’ their sales process and hope for the best. I am here to tell you… that isn’t good enough! If you want to see a great conversion rate, you must build, follow and track a documented sales process.
“Conversion” is the percentage of leads which actually end up becoming clients. So I want you to think about this… of everyone who calls you, or walks into your shop, how many end up buying something? By tracking your conversion, you are already one step forward to increasing it! Once you understand your current conversion rate, it is time to start improving it.
There are around 80 different strategies that can be used to improve your conversion rate. Out of those, here are my favourites:
- Sales Process: When you get a lead, do you follow a clear, step-by-step process through which you lead your prospects? A sales process allows you to interact with your leads in a way that builds trust, that identifies their needs and that communicates the right messages at the right time. As well as this, by implementing a sales process you are able to track the stage that your leads are at, and measure the success of your process, allowing you to recognise the biggest areas of improvement. Many may think that constructing a sales process is a timely task, however it is not only among the cheapest ways to improve your conversion but you will also save time as through converting prospects in the most efficient way possible.
- Sales Scripts: A sales discussion consists of a number of important sections including the opening, the questioning, and the close. Many business owners believe that they are skilled enough not to follow a script. However, many of those business owners have not tested nor measured the response from script use. If a script is not used, how can you ensure that you employ rapport-building and persuasion techniques? Following a sales script not only allows you to feel in more control, but ensures that you are getting the most out of your sales discussion. Furthermore, this is the only way you will ever get multiple sales people all converting prospects at a rate that will truly grow your business. And once again, it requires little-no cost, saves time and increases your conversion success.
- USP: Your Unique Selling Proposition should be clear, tangible and differentiated. You want to give your prospects complete clarity about how their lives will improve as a result of working with you. If your USP does not communicate this, it is time to make some adjustments. After all, prospects become more emotionally interested when they are told about how it will help THEM.
- Guarantee: Now that you have a clear, tangible and differentiated USP, is it backed up by an effective guarantee? A common factor contributing to losing a potential customer is the prospects fear of making a wrong decision. How do you overcome this, you ask? Give them a guarantee that makes them feel safe and confident in buying from you! With an effective guarantee, they won’t have a reason to say no!
- Testimonials: As technology expands, prospects look for reasons to buy through researching the internet. So take advantage of it! Are your prospects receiving sufficient evidence of the quality of your products or services, of how many people are using them and just how much they have benefited from them? Make it a process and ask your current clients to make a testimonial following their purchase. You will be surprised as to how much it impacts a prospects buying decision.
Whilst these are my personal favourite conversion strategies, there are countless more that may fit into your business better.
Any lead who has failed to turn into a customer has used up some of your time, effort and money… so why not increase your conversion rate with simple, easy, and cost-effective strategies! Can you afford to have a low conversion rate?
Click here to register for a FREE 1 on 1 meeting with our very own coach, or call me today on 9146 4439 to discuss the best strategies for your business!
Here’s a thought to keep in mind…
“Every touch point in your sales process is an opportunity to delight…”